“Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it.”
Please excuse us for not posting anything these last weeks but the heat got us all. During this season we spend most of the hours outside. My beautiful earth child, I am in awe of her love of nature…For me, teaching your children to love nature is the second most important thing in life, after Love. Being outdoors helps create a sense of wonder in children, which they can carry over to other aspects of their life.Outdoor activity offers children the opportunity of fresh air and exercise. And I am sure we all know both are important to help children keep physically and mentally fit.
Modern life is too regimented and deprives children of the opportunity of exploring and learning by themselves. In this context, the role of nature to stimulate their curiosity is even more important.
In a couple of weeks we are going away on vacation in Croatia. This will be our first long drive ( 8 hours) and to be honest Mamma’s very stressed. At 10 Months my daughter loves her car seat but we never drive more than half an hour with her in the car so I guess I cannot say what her reaction will be. We decided to departure somewhere early in the morning (I’m thinking 05.00 am).
Her car seat is Kinderkraft and I find it magical.
CAR SEAT SMART KINDERKRAFT
SMART car seat is certified for use with ECE R44/04 for Groups 1/2/3, for children from 9 to 36 kg.
- Height adjustable headrest and safety harness
- Five-point safety belt
- Beaded back, taking care of the growing spine
- Special pages Security
- Easy installation: just put the car seat and lock three-point harness
- Long life for use: one seat for children from about 12 months to 12 years
- Removable Cover
- spacious seat
- High quality materials (no sweating)
- modern Design
- comfortable armrests
- Detachable backrest
Age: 9-36 kg
I thought of summarizing 3 esential ideas on how to prepare on a long car journey:
- Have enough baby necessities on board. Think of diapers, wipes, baby food, and so on. Whatever is age-appropriate, just make absolutely sure you don’t run out.
- Have a high-quality car-seat for the baby. This is the single most important thing for the safety and comfort of your baby.
- Ensure the long-duration comfort of the parents. They are going to have it the hardest, not the baby. This includes sitting in front if that’s the most comfortable (it usually is, in most cars), adjusting the seat properly, having enough food and drink for yourselves or just stop everytime you need, taking a leg-stretching break at least every 2 hours, and so on.
One of the most important things is pit stops. They are a key way to keep a baby happy on a road trip. Make frequent stops, so children can stretch their little legs and during these stops: emphasize that frequent pit stops are a key way to keep a baby happy on a road trip. Make sure to play. Get them laughing and tire them out a bit.
My daughter loves to play with water, we also went to a swimming-pool for babies only and she loved it. But will the salty water change her mind? What do we need to make our babies feel comfortable for the first time at the seaside?
It may seem as if need everything but the kitchen sink simply for a day on the beach with your baby. But, as you know, it’s tricky to travel light now you are a family. Here are some items you’ll need to have with you:
- picnic blankets
- sun tent
- cool bag with water and food
- formula feeding equipment
- sun hat and long sleeved tops
- spare clothes for when they get wet, sandy or blown away
- jelly or beach shoes for toddling babies
- swimming costume for you and your baby
- first aid kit
- armbands, rubber ring or float suit
- bucket, spade, beach ball
And of course, take a camera to capture your baby’s trip to the seaside!
We will be back with more info and stories in early August. Happy Summer Vacation to our readers!