Ok, It’s official warm outside. It is not only the trees that are blooming or the flowers, all my vegetables in the garden are growing healthily. Leafy greens boast high amounts of iron and folate. While spinach is perhaps the best known of this group, there are many other varieties, including kale, chard, and collard greens. Brimming with folate, fiber, and calcium, broccoli is also known for its cancer-fighting properties, says dietitian Kate Geagan, author of Go Green, Get Lean. And thanks to its sulfur compounds, it has a unique flavor that can help expand your baby’s tastes.
Today for my little munchkin I chose the greenest lunch ever! So we can feel the Spring!!! I guarantee you after this recipe, your baby will not need Iron supplements .
In March you have the nicest wild spinach, and the most aromatic parsley. What you can see the upper picture is all bought from the local market. No additives I assure you. My favorite part of the year is definitely Spring. Everything is so fresh and tasty…
So for today’s 6mnths + baby recipe I am going to show you how to make what I call The Green Explosion:
- Fresh Salad
- Wild Spinach
- Spring onion
- Olive Oil
- Baby Bam Condiments.(Find it here: http://www.pastaidevanilie.ro/amestecuri-condimente/360-mix-condimente-pentru-copii.html)
1. take the wild spinach (or you can you baby spinach) and wash it thoroughly
2. Do the same with the Parsley and the Spring onion and brocolli.
3. In a cooking pan add a little extra virgin olive oil, the spring onion and the parsley. Stir for 2 minutes.
4. Add the spinach, Salad leaves, the broccoli and enough water just to cover it.
5. After boiled, and you can smash the broccoli with the fork just blend it and it is ready to Enjoy!
To give it a better taste I use Baby condiments. They contain sweet paprika, garlic, oregano, parley, basil, celery seeds. No salt or Sugar.
I use it whenever I make my daughter vegetable mash. Order for yourselves at http://www.pastaidevanilie.ro/amestecuri-condimente/360-mix-condimente-pentru-copii.html